According to Jesus, the “end of the age” will be the conclusion of this current age – era or world – with the Great Judgment and the creation of a new heaven and earth. According to the apostle Paul, we’re already in the “last days” leading up to the end.
The final countdown to the grand finale of our world as we know it has begun and the clock’s ticking is getting louder as we see signs of the times and anticipate the conclusion of God’s creation in its current form. A glimpse of what’s to come:
- Increase in the frequency and intensity of false saviors, wars, and earthquakes & famine/financial disaster.
- An evil authority we call the Antichrist and an agreement with Israel, kicking off a final seven-year epoch.
- Breaking the agreement in the middle followed by a three-and-a-half-year reign of terror like never seen before or again.
- Jesus’ highly-anticipated appearing and the gathering of the spirits of those who are His, and the wrath of God against the rest of the world.
- The 1,000-year reign of Jesus following God’s incredible wrath.
- Destruction of Satan and final judgment.
- God’s new and never-ending heaven and earth.
Looking for guidance? Many man-made theories propped up by a few, specific Biblical verses (usually taken out of context) abound. So, find out for yourself! Here’s how to begin:
- Read Matthew chapters 24 and 25 together.
- Read Revelation chapter 6. There, you’ll see that the signs revealed by Jesus to John in about 90 AD in a vision match what He told His disciples on the Mt. of Olives decades earlier as recorded in Matthew 24 up to the appearing of our Lord at the future, complete darkening of the sun, moon, and stars.
- Compare what you read in Matthew 24 and 25 to the entire book of Revelation. You’ll find corroboration between the two and a sequence resembling that given here.
- Look for unbiased and complete studies such as my “Finding the End of the World” (available on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and ronbraley.com) to broaden your knowledge and faith.
Remember: a countdown is no good if you don’t know when it began or what time it is!
Keep an eye out for “Finding Answers to Stuff Churches Don’t Discuss!” scheduled for a mid-2015 publication. There, you’ll find roughly 60 topics related to daily life (such as sex, religion, finances, tattooing, and everything in between!) along with practical application of God’s guidance for navigating those difficult waters!
And, for a very comprehensive and detailed study of the very important topic of God’s judgment to come and being rescued from it, feel free to read my 2011 guide titled, “Finding the End of the World” available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and from www.ronbraley.com in paper and e-book formats. In the guide, you’ll find roughly 500 pages of building blocks to help you do your own complete and unbiased study based on Scripture and history!