According to Jesus, the “end of the age” will be the conclusion of this current age – era or world – with the Great Judgment and the creation of a new heaven and earth. According to the apostle Paul, we’re already in the “last days” leading up to the end.
The final countdown to the grand finale of our world as we know it has begun and the clock’s ticking is getting louder as we see signs of the times and anticipate the conclusion of God’s creation in its current form.
A glimpse of what’s to come:
- Increase in the frequency and intensity of false saviors, wars, and earthquakes.
- An evil authority we call the Antichrist and an agreement with Israel, kicking off a final seven-year epoch.
- Breaking the agreement in the middle followed by the beginning a three-and-a-half-year reign of terror like never seen before or again.
- Jesus’ highly-anticipated appearing and the gathering of the spirits of those who are His, and the wrath of God against the rest of the world.
- The 1,000-year reign of Jesus following God’s incredible wrath.
- Destruction of Satan and final judgment.
- God’s new and never-ending heaven and earth.
Looking for guidance? Many man-made theories propped up by a few, specific Biblical verses (often taken out of context) abound. So, find out for yourself! Here’s how to begin:
- Read Matthew chapter 24.
- Read Revelation chapter 6.
- Compare what you read in Matthew to the Revelation. You’ll find corroboration between the two and a sequence resembling that given here.
- Look for unbiased and complete studies such as my “Finding the End of the World” (available on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and www.ronbraley.com) to broaden your knowledge and faith.
Remember: a countdown is no good if you don’t know when it began or what time it is!